Feeling bad about yourself? A little guilty? A little responsible for something? A little like you're a bad person? Well I have found someone you can feel morally superior to. And I didn't have to go to a criminal, I didn't have to invoke Hitler. No I found her:
Jan Moir.
The Daily Mail
Feel better yet? Probably not, you probably didn't click on the link and probably shouldn't. It might make you start to feel worse about yourself again because you belong to the same species as this reprehensible swine.
OK, you probably want me to start justifying myself, and fair enough, I've started with a fairly blunt and violent verbal asssault. So let's just quote the woman for a bit:
"Smith has just unveiled a steaming mess of new laws aimed at criminalising men who pay for sex with trafficked or exploited women. Ignorance of the girl's background will be no defence for punters, and men who knowingly pay for sex with trafficked women may be charged with rape.
You may ask yourself how a commercial transaction, no matter how distasteful or amoral it may seem to others, can be suddenly reclassified as rape. Answer: it can't."
See her stunning argument? You can't classify buying sex with a slave as rape because you "can't". I imagine she got her badges in journalism from a playground or panto. I can of course respond with a rebuttal: Yes it can.
If I pay for sex with a woman that I know to be a slave, then I have effectively raped her. She has no choice and is having sex with me, against her will, and I am doing it. I really have lost where the "not rape" bit comes in.
"Men need to think twice about paying for sex, says the Home Secretary, who wants to obliterate the sex industry by strangling demand for it - rather like trying to stop tooth decay by banning the baking of cupcakes."
A brilliant analogy but with a few flaws:
1. Jan Moir is a reprehensible human being.
2. In this analogy sex slaves are "cupcakes" which have no feelings and are simply a tradable commodity.
3. In this analogy we're worried about the people eating the cakes, in the real world I don't care about the rapists, I want them to go to jail and live miserable lives.
"Jacqui, there are lots of things that men need to think twice about, but as they usually go right ahead and please themselves anyway, what is the point?"
Yeah, men are always gonna rape people, why bother trying to stop it?
"The people who hold these girls and sell them are breaking the law. It is the job of the police to deal with them - to prosecute and send them to prison - not to chase around after some dumb cluck looking for a Friday night thrill."
Aye.... por "bumb cluck" he's only looking to have sex with a slave who can't say no. He's so lonely and the raping is all he has. Presumably this logic could also be applied to gladitorial arenas - meaning that those who ran them would be doing something illegal but I'd be an upstanding citizzen for wanting to go and watch peoplebe forced to fight to the death.
"This country is in a bigger mess than it has been since the war. Toddlers are murdered in their cots. Teenagers are shot going home from school. Half a million migrants poured into the UK last year - and that's just the official number - while hundreds of businesses are going bust every day."
Yeah there's murder and murder and foreign people! These are all of equal importance!
"Smith's mad ramblings and ideals, forged in the hairy armpit heat of Seventies feminism and untrammelled by a sliver of practical common sense ever since, make me want to scream. All she will succeed in doing is driving the trafficked women further underground - making them more vulnerable to deeper depravity - and undermining the country's rape laws while she is at it."
OK I've nearly had enough. First of all - hairy armpit heat? Oh yes, those crazy 70s when there were fainting and death from dehydration cause of all the armpit heat.
And the sheer ludicrousness of the idea that you can drive a sex slave further underground. They are under ground and we're just getting more draconian measures to deal with those who support this.
New Labour may have made a pig's ear of a w lot of things - but socially, they're one of the best governments we've ever had.
So Jan Mopir if you ever find yourself abducted and taken to a country far away where men repeatedly come in and have sex with you just remember that its not rape. Because its not. Apparently.
16 October 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment